Friday, December 6, 2019

Characters

A bunch more characters ready to be exported into separate parts for animation. There are three arms for each character, swapped depending on the weapon or item being held.


Some of these are from my previous games, improved and redone at a higher resolution.

Scaling is a bit of an issue. It is still better to make the parts slightly bigger because it can be scaled down, despite reducing relative thickness of the lines.

Top: new characters. Bottom: Zombie Guard (2015)

I like to use really thick bold lines. Shadows tend to shift towards blue, and highlights tend to shift towards red and yellow. I never use pure black. Shapes tend to be curved and obtuse. When in doubt, I make something larger or thicker than necessary. Small details get omitted.

Back to programming... and the perils of design


These are enough for now. I can go back to programming with the content I have. At this rate I could at least distribute a demo within a month, to showcase the first 15 minutes of the game.

No comments: