Sunday, September 8, 2019

Resources

I try to be resourceful. As a solo developer, it is too expensive to draw and program everything. More of my time needs to be dedicated to design which is the most critical part.

I've had a flood of ideas. Wild and crazy ones, including one where you play as the AI for a robotic voice system like Apple's Siri or Amazon's Alexa in a family home in the suburbs. It could play as a time management or puzzle game, or just have an interesting story depending if you cooperate with the "humans".

..But the demand for a sequel to Zombie Guard is high. It would still be hard to create this, as it involves many assets and content. But at least I would not have to iterate nonstop on design, never being fully satisfied to give myself the green light.


At first I was playing around with some mobile-friendly low-poly models. The idea was to create an escape room game, perhaps like a tower with 101 floors in a strange Myst like atmosphere. Perhaps after a few hours I just wasn't feeling it. I do not have a passion for escape room games, beyond a few I played recently.


So I attached some of the wonderful screen effects that I have available, just to see possibilities.

I question if a "Zombie Guard 2" could take place in these environments. Or in the least, these environments could be utilized as a replacement for menu screens for options like weapon and character improvements. A safe house could be upgraded, and visually seen in these settings.

Possibly, I may include multiplayer. This was a highly requested feature which despite being a technical challenge, would delight many players and increase the number of downloads through word of mouth.

No comments: