Monday, September 23, 2019

Getting a sense of scale

The first step for creating Zombie Guard 2 is to establish the proportion of objects to each other. I created my first hipster/biker guy, as one of the many characters to be featured in the game. Then, I used some placeholder background just for getting a sense of scale. I do not plan to create much of the art until later, but I still prefer to at least establish the look.

Character 1

Establishing proportion of characters and backgrounds

This seems about right. I will now increase the thickness of the ink outlines of the character.

In Zombie Situation, I neglected the proportions. There was also a lot of wasted space, so I need to consider props and objects to make these areas more interesting.

Zombie Situation (Flash)

Definitely characters will be able to move around and explore small areas. Zombie Guard 2 will be action game, with plenty of weapons made possible with a powerful projectile system and special effects.

No comments: