Monday, May 13, 2019

Unity assets

The Unity asset store is showcasing a collection of top quality assets for another couple days. Many of these packages are ones I already considered.

I like to poke around and contemplate possibilities. Just like when I was about 12, I listened to a CD of a thousand sound effects and let my imagination take over. It only takes one tiny source of inspiration to consider a large project, and, only one night to sleep on the idea to confirm it.

It is easy to just drag and drop these into a Unity workspace, then add a bunch of components.

Low-poly zombies

Minimal UI
I instantly bought the post-process effects package. The minimal UI package seems really useful too, made by one of my favorite artists on there. The low-poly zombie and simple apocalypse caught my eye too. Plenty of audio and music to choose from too.

Simple Apocalypse pack

The low-poly is a unique look, and better for performance on mobile phones. Combined with post-process effects and amazing particle effects, so many possibilities can emerge. Good audio and music is easier to come by these days.

No comments: