Thursday, August 1, 2019

Tutorial

...Oh yeah, I needed an introductory tutorial too. This was relatively easy. I just had to be careful in preventing the player from tapping the wrong objects or triggering unwanted events. It must work 100% correctly, because these are the first two minutes of the game and first impressions can matter.


The tortoise and tiger can only be unlocked as an in-app purchase, so this tutorial also serves as a demonstration of two of the strongest heroes.

I kept this tutorial brief and included a skip button. Other important features will be shown as tips during the first few battles. For example, double tapping an enemy will make it the primary target, or, tap and holding any creature will reveal important details.

Hard work everyday for August. I'm in crunch mode to finish this. It is a priority, as I bring everything together and create a trailer video to present to potential publishers.

I already have art, music, and content licensed for my 18th game. I'm going to continue using Unity for tech, as there is no justifiable reason to switch.

No comments: