Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nearing the end

The project is nearing the end! I expect to reach beta by next week, but I anticipate that there will be a tremendous need to revise features and heroes once I gather some feedback.

All the primary features are finished, including the team layout for hiring and upgrading heroes.



And I decided against some kind of treasure map or aerial view, in favor of a simple network of nodes.


Here is a screenshot of a battle taking place. As a reminder, it is a turn-based game similar to the Disciples series. There are interesting items including grave dust to summon death, a glowing orb that blinds an enemy, and a potion of invisibility that allows a hero to be invulnerable for a couple turns.

(Ignore those two buttons in the top left corner - I use them for debugging).


Already I am thinking about what to work on next.. I plan to revisit Pigs Can Fly to make a worthwhile sequel. Even better, I plan to hire contractors to help me create levels, leaving me to just polish and redo all the art. It may or may not may ship with a level editor because it all depends on how things go.

4 comments:

Komizart said...

Hey, you are good artist! I like this graphic.

Elliot said...

Thank you.

levelofdetail said...

Can't wait to see the bard's animation

y8 said...

go to visit my website for entertainment with games and interesting selection or like, Games intellectual after a period of hard work, stress and fatigue my website help you as comfortable and pleasant it will make you happy.