Thursday, May 10, 2018

Map Loadout

I found and purchased some vertical maps and more background art from a Korean company on the Unity asset store. These are a great fit for the map loadout screen, where battles and minigame stages can be selected.

Vertical maps (21+)

Backgrounds pack (20+)

The vertical maps are seamlessly tiled vertically. At first I was looking to work out a license for some dungeon-crawler maps, but that fell through; I'm glad though, the vertical scrolling maps have more variety. Based on these assets, I can intentionally design and create appropriate enemies to go with them.

Map Loadout

The difficulty of a battle can be voluntarily increased for additional risk and rewards. I went back and forth between the editor and Clip Studio Paint, splotching down rough doodles on top of the empty game screen and then finalizing them. Overnight I decided I was satisfied with it, so I exported everything and then spent the day scripting it.

No comments: