Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Art... and lots of it.


I have gone back to the study of art. My skill in human anatomy and gestures have been lacking. Also I'm looking to cease the vector art style that I have embraced for a long time. I want to do something very different that appeals to a smaller but more passionate audience.

I purchased Clip Studio Paint and I have been embracing it passionately. It is an incredibly powerful program that in some ways is better than Photoshop depending on your goals. It caters very well to comic art styles.

Animation will be carried out in the Spine program. In other words, it is likely I will put Flash on the shelf indefinitely, even as a tool for creating art assets for other engines.

Practicing in Clip Studio Paint with a semi vector-looking array of food.

Random portrait

Random pose. The arms need fixed.

Blue meth in the making.

Victorian Banshee with solid inking of shadows.

Demonic Marie Curie with similar style, but ink kept black.

Above are some random works during my recent studies. I want the art, animation, theme, and colors to convey an interesting experience in my next game. Something much darker with more substance through interesting characters and creatures.

Aside from that, I became curious to look into audio as well. I've pumped some voices through Audacity filters, changing them in eerie ways. Try this: reverse a clip, reverb it, and then reverse it back. It will sound ghastly. Just a few tips that like this can go a long way.

No comments: