Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A change of direction

Working alone is a double edged sword. On the one hand, there is virtually no overhead and office politic drama, so decisions can be made instantly on a whim. On the other hand, those decisions can be very hard to make. My decision was to put the current project on indefinite hold. I just wasn't happy with it.


(screenshot of the prototype)

There were 21 cool items planned, but the core of the game was not fun. Plus, the game would have very little replay value.

But enough of that. I spent a couple days thinking deeply about what I would rather develop. Actually, what I would rather play on my iPad for many hours. So, I am hereby announcing that I will be developing a match-3 puzzle RPG with a zombie theme. Like many of my designs, I tend to blend several games into one. I will have more details once I finish the prototype.

On another note, the latest tower-defense game is finished. I recently registered an LLC here in Pennsylvania, so I will be submitting the game once Apple approves the business documents and such. Realistically, it could be a month, but I don't see a need to rush anything.

2 comments:

levelofdetail said...

Know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em.

Elliot said...

Yup. But I'm just going to keep folding'em until I get a good hand =/