I use Playtomic.com for statistics. It's a very simple API and something I will definitely use again. It cost me nothing for the first game, but I look forward to purchasing the service for additional games.
The game has been played by about 2.3 million players, and is available on almost a thousand sources (websites, private servers, etc). Most of the attention was received within the first few weeks. The average play time ranged from 14 to 15 minutes:
These are the countries with the most players. With this knowledge, I'm going to make at least some effort to support language localization, even if the translation is crude, it's better than nothing.
These are the top sources. Notdoppler.com must be a very high traffic website, and probably receives more than Kongregate because the game was featured on the front page of both websites. Strangely, many players play outside a web browser (localhost). Spielaffe.de is a German website, uol.com.br is Brazilian website, and juegosjuegos.com is in Spanish. This makes it easy to see why the top countries are what they are.
And now for some other fun statistics...
- 20.5 million pigs have been given their wings.
- The game has been played an equivalent of 65.3 consecutive years.
- 708k players needed help so clicked the walkthrough button.
- 262k muted the music (30% unmuted the music).
- 243k muted the audio (28% unmuted the audio).
- 14k clicked the JayIsGames.com button.
- 200k+ visited MaxGames.com.
- 34% beat level 25 (last level of initial release).
- 2% beat level 30 (last level after additional map pack update).